A yummy energy bar loaded with oats, dates, and seeds for fiber.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
☐ 1 cup (100 g) rolled oats
☐ 1/2 cup (60 g) raw almonds
☐ 3/4 cup (135 g) dates, pitted
☐ 1/4 cup (40 g) chia seeds
☐ 1/4 cup (40 g) sesame seeds
☐ 2 tablespoons (20 g) flaxseeds
☐ 2 tablespoons (20 g) hemp seeds
☐ 1/4 cup (60 g) almond butter
☐ 1/4 cup (80 ml) agave nectar
- Toast your oats and almonds in a baking sheet at 350 F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Let cool.
- Process the oat and almond mixture in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer in a medium bowl.
- Place dates in the food processor and process for about a minute, it should form a “sticky ball”.
- Add the dates and all the seeds into the bowl with ground oats and almonds. Mix well
- Warm the almond butter and agave in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour over oat mixture and then mix until coated well. Use a spoon or your hands to thoroughly mix.
- Transfer to an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper so they can be lifted out easily.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap and press down to flatten mixture and to get them tightly packed to prevent them from being crumbly.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove from the baking pan and cut into portions.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week inside the refrigerator or freezer, if not eating right away.
1. Nutritional Information:
Energy – 157 calories
Fat – 7.0 g
Carbohydrates – 21.1 g
Protein – 4.4 g
Sodium – 2 mg