Jump start your mornings with this scrumptious gluten-free energy bar with chock-full of goodness.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
☐ 2 cups old fashioned oats
☐ 1/2 cup peanut butter
☐ 2 tablespoons coconut oil
☐ 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
☐ 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
☐ 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
☐ 3/4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
☐ 3/4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
☐ 1/2 cup dried cherries
☐ 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 300 F.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the coconut oil and then stir in peanut butter until combined.
- Add the brown rice syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well. Turn off heat.
- In a heat-proof glass bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, and dried fruits.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture until coated well.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking pan and spread out the granola evenly. Using a parchment paper press down to make firm bars.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Be careful not to let it burn. Take it out of the oven and let cool in the pan at room temperature before cutting into bars.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.
1. Nutritional Information:
Energy – 208 calories
Fat – 10.9 g
Carbohydrates – 25.4 g
Protein – 5.3 g
Sodium – 45 mg